Stuff Someone Today at I Am A Stuffed Animal.com!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Progesterone Shots and Veggie Protein

     So, I got my first Progesterone shot yesterday.  Miraculously, my insurance covered half.  I wasn't expecting it to cover diddly, so it was a good day.  The pharmacist was so apologetic about the terrible pain I was having to put myself through once a week.  He balked at the fact that I was considering self-injecting or having my husband do it.  He then insisted I go to my doctor's office and have a nurse show me how to do it.  I drove straight to my doctor's office, anxious to get this show on the road and get through my first bout of agony.  The nurse explained that the shots were so painful because they are an oil as opposed to a liquid, so that's some pretty thick juice to be forcing through your skin.  So I got into position with all my weight on the leg not attached to the buttcheek that was receiving the shot and braced myself.  I flinched considerably at the alcohol wipe.  And then...nothing.  It didn't hurt a single bit.  I was warned I may get a knot at the injection site and start to get really sore that night.  Nope.  Nothing.  Thank God.


    So, on a completely different note, has anyone tried this Lightlife Smart Ground veggie protein crumbles?  I am not a vegetarian, and I love this stuff.  Even my highly carnivorous son loves it.

    
     It's especially yum when mixed into a sauce, like spaghetti.  Tonight we made quesadillas and it was good, but if you get a big bite of the plain meat it's ever-so-slightly noticeable that it isn't meat.  But whatever.   It's good and it's good for you.  So eat it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment