Stuff Someone Today at I Am A Stuffed Animal.com!

Monday, September 10, 2012

Ladies Night Fiesta

     It had been way too long since I had had my favorite girls over to just hang, chat, and laugh.  I was having a craving for Mexican food, so I decided to make that the theme for the evening.  I made two types of quesadillas:  one with cheddar and apples, and the other with guacamole, pepper jack cheese and onions.  I just folded over the tortillas with the contents inside and heated them in my little sandwich maker.  The ones with guacamole were a hit.  The apple and cheddar---not so much.  I had a bunch left the next day and they were even worse after sitting in the fridge all night.  Ick.

 
 

     I also made a dip in the crockpot that turned out delicious, even though it wasn't as pretty as the quesadillas. 

                 One package of Velveeta
                 One package of Philadelphia cream cheese
                 One 16 oz jar of salsa (I used the kind with corn and black beans in it)
                 One packet of taco seasoning

     Dump it all in the crockpot and turn it on low for 3 hours.  That's it.  Seriously.  And it was good.  Then the decidedly non-Mexican dessert that I found on Pinterest.  It came from Baked from a Box and it was very much a hit.  I will be making this stuff again.

                 One box of yellow cake mix
                 One cup of confectionary sugar
                 Half a stick of butter
                 A quarter cup of milk

     Mix together and microwave for two minutes, then pour into a pan and cool for at least an hour.  That's it.  Cut into little bars and they're like crack.  I also made a mocktail for my other prego friend and myself where I simply mixed white grape/peach/mango juice with seltzer and dumped in some sliced peaches.  Pretty good.  I also froze some grapes for the girls without babies in their bellies to use to cool their wine.  Turned out nobody drank white wine anyway, so we just ate the grapes.
     My wonderful friends brought some heavenly things, too.  Like stuffed peppers, guacamole with pineapple (it's very tasty), artichoke dip and very American apple pie.   We had a marvelous time just catching up.  I plan on doing this again in a month or two, maybe next time with a French theme?  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment